Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Vegan Alfredo

Who doesn't love a creamy bowl of pasta? Often times people think when they go vegan they have to give up meals like that but trust me when I say you can still have a delicious healthy version of all your favorites including alfredo! This recipe is super simple to make the most important thing you need to have is a high speed blender!





Ingredients:
1 pack of pasta of your choice, I used whole wheat penne
2 cups of raw cashews
2 cups of almond milk
1 tbs of vegan butter (optional)
3 garlic cloves
basil
oregano
cayenne pepper
 sea salt and pepper
Italian herb mix
fresh broccoli
mushrooms
cherry tomatoes 
onion

Directions:
1. In a high speed blender add cashews, almond milk, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne. 
2. Blend until you have a creamy alfredo consistency. You may need to add more cashews if its too liquidy or more milk if its too thick. 
3. Steam chopped broccoli for about 15 minutes to help soften
4. In a large skillet saute diced onion, mushrooms, and broccoli for about 10 minutes or until all the veggies are to your desired level of tenderness. While they are cooking add Italian herbs, and more salt and pepper. 
5. Boil pasta and set to the side.
6. Pour alfredo sauce on to the cooked veggies, add cherry tomatoes and stir everything together.
7. Add pasta and vegan butter and give the dish another good stir.
8. Let everything cook together covered on medium to low heat for about 5 minutes and then serve.




This dish will hit the spot if you have been craving a creamy pasta dish. I don't give measurements on seasonings because I feel like you should season everything to your own personal liking adding as much or as little as your heart desires. I personally go a little overboard on garlic and black pepper:) Top this pasta off with a dash of fresh basil and red chili flakes and serve with garlic bread and you wont be disappointed! 

~Peace begins with your plate~



1 comment:

  1. First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete