Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Tortilla Soup

It is getting pretty cold outside and nothing warms your insides up like a bowl of warm, savory soup! This creamy tortilla soup will leave your taste buds very satisfied!
 

 

Ingredients:
1 pack of corn tortillas
1 yellow onion
1 red bell pepper
2 fresh jalapeno peppers
3-4 garlic cloves
cilantro
green onions
1 container of vegetable broth
2 cups of almond milk
2 cans of black beans
2 cans of corn
1 can crushed tomato
2 whole tomatoes
cumin
paprika
nutritional yeast
salt and pepper
1 pack of chipotle fields roast vegan sausage (optional)
daiya cheddar shreds (optional)


 
Directions:
1. Dice yellow onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, and sautee with a few sprigs of cilantro and minced garlic cloves. Add salt and pepper and cook on med high heat until vegetables are soft which should be about 10 minutes.
2. Add veggie broth, black beans, corn and crushed tomato. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Dice up tomatoes and vegan sausages add to the pot with cumin, paprika, nutritional yeast and almond milk. Let simmer for another 20 minutes
4. Cut tortillas into strips and place on a baking sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Bake strips for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. Dice green onions add them to soup and bring it to low temperature.
6. Pour soup into a serving bowl and top with daiya shreds and tortilla strips then enjoy!



You can serve this soup over rice and add more green onion and cilantro to make it pretty! Also the vegan sausage and vegan cheese is totally optional so if you are looking for a healthier meal definitely skip those ingredients and the soup is still delicious and full of flavor. And as always you can adjust the seasonings to your liking I usually go over board with garlic and onion because that's what I like but by all means use however much your heart desires. I hope you enjoy this soup and it keeps you warm on a chili day!

~Peace begins with your plate~

 


1 comment:

  1. First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete