Monday, December 25, 2017

Shepards Pie

This dish is so satisfying and filling I usually make it for special events when I know there will be no vegan options and I want to bring something simple and straight to the point! Its got all the fixings one would desire when craving a nice comforting meal!






Ingredients:
1 package of store bought VEGAN dry bread dressing or bread crumbs of your choice
approx. 2 cups vegetable broth
3 celery stalks
1/2 of a sweet onion
2 cups of diced mushroom
1 red pepper
2 heads of broccoli
1-2 bags of frozen mixed veggies (peas, corn, carrot)
8 potatoes
approx. 2 cups of non dairy milk
salt and pepper
garlic
onion powder
parsley
paprika
crispy onion salad toppers (optional)




Directions:
1. Peel, dice, and boil potatoes until soft.
2. Drain potatoes, add milk, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and parsley and mash until creamy. Add more milk if needed. Set to the side.
2. In a large pot sautee diced celery, onion, half of  mushrooms, red pepper, and garlic.
3. Add veggie broth and bring to a boil then add dressing or bread crumbs and mix everything together until dressing softens, add more broth if necessary.
4. Season dressing with salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. Set to the side.
5. In a large pan add a couple table spoons of water and sautee mushroom, diced broccoli, frozen veggies, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic. Cook until tender and set to the side.
6. In a large non stick baking dish add dressing and lay flat to create the first layer of  shepards pie. For the second layer spread across the sautéed veggie mix. For the third layer top with mashed potatoes and spread evenly across.
7. Bake pie for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool down before serving.

Top this meal with my delicious  Mushroom Gravy 


Although I don't get into many holidays I still make sure that I am eating good as long as I'm gonna be surrounded by people indulging in various non vegan dishes! What I'm supposed to eat the veggie tray??? Lol, yeah right! This dish has all of your favorites combined into one. Plus its low in fat and guilt free! If you give this recipe a try you wont be disappointed!

~Peace begins with your plate~






1 comment:

  1. First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete