Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Chickpea (tuna) salad

 Chickpea salad is a dish that I like to keep in my refrigerator almost at all times because its quick and satisfying. I usually eat it for lunch because there are so many quick ways to serve it up and be out the door. Before I went vegan I used to love tuna salad and this chickpea salad taste just as delicious if not better!
Ingredients:
8 cups of cooked chickpeas or 4 16oz cans
3 to 4 tbsp. Veganaise or Just mayo. I prefer Just mayo brand
3 tbsp. of sweet relish
1/2 of a red onion
3 stalks of celery
salt and pepper
paprika

Directions:
1. Rinse and dry off chickpeas then place in blender and pulse until they shred up enough to look like tuna. If you don't have a blender you can mash them with your hands.
2. Dice up red onion and celery to small pieces.
3. Place chickpeas onion and celery in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add vegan mayo and relish and mix thoroughly.
5. Add salt, pepper, and paprika to your liking.
6.  Place in a serving dish and top with more paprika so it looks prettier. LOL

 This dish can be served several ways. I usually put it in a wrap or on some bread for a sandwich. You can mix it with pasta for a pasta salad, or dip different veggies in it. The options are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment