Monday, November 7, 2016

Raw Fiesta salad

 I just got back from vacation where I ate nothing but processed vegan foods, don't judge me lol. Whenever I feel like I need to get back on track I go raw or strictly whole foods for at least a couple of days to get my body back on track. This recipe is inspired by my favorite raw vegan Fullyrawkristina. She has inspired me to incorporate more raw fruit and veggies into my diet and I promise you that your body will thank you! I don't think I could ever go fully raw like her but I do believe a mostly raw diet is the best choice for optimal health.

Ingredients:
5 ears of sweet corn
2 cucumbers
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 onion
2 tomatoes
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
garlic
cayenne pepper

Directions:
1.  Cut corn off the cob and place into a large mixing bowl
2. Dice up the rest of the veggies and place into large mixing bowl with corn
3. Add salt, pepper, garlic, and juice of 1 lemon
4. Mix thoroughly
5. Place in fridge until ready to serve!

This salad is great for those who are trying to incorporate more raw foods into their diet but have a hard time creating dishes that will excite them.  Sometimes just eating raw veggies and smoothies gets boring so this dish is great for those looking to spice it up!




No comments:

Post a Comment